Welcome to the AASHTO Rail Resource Center (ARRC).
The AASHTO Rail Resource Center (ARRC) supplies AASHTO members with timely information, tools, and technical assistance to assist them in meeting the growing demand of freight movement and passenger mobility challenges that face our state departments of transportation. The AASHTO Rail Resource Center (ARRC) supports states in providing technical expertise through webinars, peer exchanges, and publications. Another technical training and peer exchange benefit is the use of these funds to be able to reimburse a portion of travel expenses for member states.
For more information on AASHTO freight activities, please contact Caroline Keiltyka at 202-624-8815.
State DOT Benefits:
The ARRC supports states in providing technical expertise through webinars, peer-to-peer exchanges, meetings, internet exchanges, research and publications to assist States in technical training related to safety, rail planning, grants management, environmental compliance, economic development, financing, and benefits/cost analysis. The ARRC is a unique opportunity, not available elsewhere, for states to share information and is a resource to develop best practices that can be used by states across the United States.
- March 21, 2019 – SHRP2 R16 Railroad-DOT Mitigation Strategies Webinar: Railroad Flagging
- September 11, 2018 – Roundtable on Funding and Financing Passenger Rail-Oriented Development
- September 11, 2018 – Roundtable on Funding and Financing Freight Rail Investment
- November 1, 2018 – FHWA/FRA Joint Webinar on Quiet Zones (Non-USDOT Staff Must First Register for an Account Here Before Registering For Webinar)
- FHWA and FRA Joint Webinar on Pedestrian Crossing Treatments (July 26, 2018): Webinar Recording (scroll to FHWA-FRA Joint Webinar Series section)
- AASHTO Rail Resource Center and BATIC Institute Roundtable on Short Line Railroads: Event Materials
- AASHTO Rail Resource Center and BATIC Institute Roundtable on Funding and Financing Freight Rail Projects: Summary
- Last Mile and Terminal Area Planning: Webinar Recording